Monday, January 2, 2012

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

Maybelline is certainly starting the year full force releasing several new products at once. I was definitely tempted to buy all sorts of makeup products while I was at the drugstore but I was good and just picked up the Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer. I've been pining after Clinique's Airbrush Concealer for quite a while so when I saw Maybelline's I had to try it.


My shade is Ivory, one shade over from the palest. The shade selection was decent with 6 to choose from, but it seems that those with the deepest skin tones might still have a hard time selecting a shade. Still, that's a great deal better than the 3 I hear is only available in countries besides the U.S.





As you can see in the photo above, every single shade of the concealer on the bottom row is on the paler side of the spectrum. It ranges from number 310 through 360, however by the looks of the "swatches" on the cardboard packaging, the darkest shade seems like a medium skin tone to me. On a side note, I really wanted to pick up one or two of those blushes in the display.

The concealer itself comes in a tube with a twist bottom that will push the product up to the brush tip for application. I do have to warn that it takes quite a few twists to get the product up to that brush tip. The brush itself is nice and soft so I have no complaints there.

This concealer calls itself an illuminating gel based concealer. So far, it's been working wonderfully at brightening dark areas on my face, such as the corners of my mouth and around my nose. I have also used it on fading acne scars and I like how it looks. This product does not help with my under eye circles though, however, to be fair I have rather dark hereditary circles that I've been duking it out with since my early teen years. I actually have to go through my regular concealing routine for my under eyes first and then I can use the Dream Lumi Touch to brighten if I feel my dark circles are particularly bad that day.

The consistency is easy to work with and blends rather smoothly. Coverage is minimal but this is a highlighting concealer so it's purpose is for brightening the dark spots on your face, not to cover up redness and blemishes. I am really pleased with how it just made the dark corners of my mouth just fade away.

So if you're looking for a concealer to brightens certain areas of the face Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer is worth a try for $8.49 at Walgreens and you get 0.05 Fl. oz.

Have any of you tried this concealer out? How do you like to use it?



No comments:

Post a Comment