Sunday, October 14, 2012

Revlon Nail Art Stencils: Stars

Today I have for you Revlon's Stars stencils! This time, I decided to use some shades from Orly's Cool Romance collection, which just came in the mail from HauteLook. I should probably just get rid of the app on my phone to prevent impulse buys like that one. After testing out the stencils a couple of times, the the result was certainly not what I had expected.


For my base layer, I used Orly's Artificial Sweetener and the Stars are done with Orly's Steel Your Heart.
I found that positioning the stars in a slight diagonal like I did in the photo below, looked the best. One of the downfalls with this particular stencil is that the star points do not turn out consistent, especially for the smaller star. When I look at the stencil itself, the star points all appear nice and even, but once I used it and peeled it away, I had points that are shorter or thicker.


I would have to say that this stencil didn't impress me as much as the bow stencil did. Although the outcome was admittedly cute, I had expected a sharper looking stars than what I ended up with.

If you want to give this stencil a go yourself, it will only cost you about $5. I purchased mine at my local Walgreens.

No comments:

Post a Comment