Saturday, February 18, 2012

Revlon Contour Shadow Brush

I suppose I had Revlon on  the mind last weekend since I had planned to post this then too, but never got around to it. I have to say that I'm pretty adaptable when it comes to eye shadow brushes and I'm not loyal to any one brand. Depending on how I feel while shopping I'll either splurge on a high end brush or look to something more affordable. The one sort of brush I had difficulty with was a contouring eye shadow brush. I felt like Goldilocks with the issues I had. One would be too small, another too big, or it would be too stiff, etc. Since then, I've found the Revlon Contour Shadow Brush.


The packaging says that this is made with "all-natural hair," which is hardly specific and the only thing I can really say is that this is not a synthetic brush. The bristles are formed in a rounded shape with a gently tapered tip. This really helps in getting the color into the crease without creating a very harsh line in the area just above the crease. The brush is soft and flexible and I've had no problems with shedding or bleeding when I've washed it. The color scheme is also quite nice with the red ferrule and logo against the black handle and bristles. The brush is on the short side though, but since I have smaller hands this wasn't much of a problem for me.




This brush really has become my favorite to use for defining my crease. I found that with this brush my contouring routine has less steps and the desired look I want is achieved more quickly. Although it is not the most precise brush like my smaller crease brushes, this easily gives me that soft focus sort of crease definition that I like without a lot of effort and that is important since I don't have much time in the mornings.

This $6 brush turned out to be my best match and I'm happy that I didn't have to explore too many before finding this one. This brush is affordable and the quality is great, I can't recommend it enough. I do have to say though that eyeshadow brushes are really personal preferences since it really depends on your eye shape and make up application style. At least you won't be breaking the bank giving this brush a test run and you'll at least know it is well made.

Size compared with my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment