Saturday, December 3, 2011

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters Part 2!

I think I went a bit overboard, but this time I did get these lip butters during the Revlon buy one get one 50% off sale. That counts for something doesn't it? Four of them are thanks to my mom since she's been stopping in on every Walgreens and CVS store she sees to look for these lip butters and would call me to read the names of the shades if they happen to be in stock and picked them up for me. So, thanks mom!


If you're looking for swatches of Candy Apple, Berry Smoothie, and Sugar Plum, click: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters




Creme Brulee


Basically a nude color with a bit of a peachy undertone and shimmer. I feel that since this is a warm nude shade, it doesn't wash me out or pull all the color from my face. Still, this shade is one that I'll have to learn to wear since I normally steer clear of nude lipsticks.



Cupcake

A cool frosty pink color with shimmer. I almost want to say there's a hint of lavender to the color too as I look at it in the tube. Definitely not a shade for everyone. I didn't like it when I first put it on but it grew on me after a bit. I can understand though, that some people will find that this shade is a bit tricky to wear. This was the only lip butter that had a defective tube for me because after I twist it up, the lip butter won't twist back down even though I'm twisting the tube.



Strawberry Shortcake

If you're looking for a straight up light pink shade, I'd say Strawberry Shortcake would be your best bet. This is a medium pink shade with shimmer. As you can see, on my lips Cupcake and Strawberry Shortcake look almost the same. I was almost fooled myself looking in the mirror, but Strawberry Shortcake is the warmer shade.



Cherry Tart

This is what I had wanted Candy Apple to be! Cherry Tart is a bright berry red with shimmer. This shade is much easier to wear for me and I am so pleased with it. I will say that Cherry Tart is on the sheer side so it will take some building to bring out the beautiful color.



Raspberry Pie

How gorgeous is that color? I am in love with this shade. It's a deep fuchsia shade with barely there bluish or purplish shimmer. You'll see the shimmer in the tube but not on your lips.This lip butter has got to be one of the most pigment shades in the collection. All you need is one swipe to get great coverage.



Red Velvet


One of the most talked about shades. I guess one of the best descriptions I can give for this color is brick red. Also a very pigmented shade, you don't need to build the color at all. One thing I will say for Red Velvet and Raspberry Pie, both shades are so opaque that just applying it right out of the tube can yield incredibly imprecise results. I had to do quite a bit of tweaking since my lips looked lopsided. I plan to use lip liner and a brush when I reach for both of these colors in the future.



Left to Right: Red Velvet, Cherry Tart, Raspberry Pie, Cupcake, Strawberry Shortcake, and Creme Brulee

No comments:

Post a Comment