Monday, December 19, 2011

Essie: Shine of the Times

I'm a bit of a sucker for things that are iridescent and when Nails Inc. released their Special Effects collection with sets of two nail polishes, I was totally admiring the iridescent "top coats" as they call it. But then I heard Essie also released their own version as part of their Lux Effects collection and I personally prefer to wear this polish over light colors anyways so I went ahead and chose Essie's.


You get a nice range of irregular sizes of the iridescent flakes with this polish and it feels very smooth to the touch after it dries. The drying time is also rather fantastic since it doesn't take very long at all. This polish also has more of the orange toned glow and I'm happy with it. However, I'd like to note that Nails Inc. does have three different types of glow effects if you want some choice. I'm wearing this over Sally Hansen's Barracuda and used 2 to 3 coats of the Essie polish. The overall effect looks wonderful and somewhat appropriate for winter, or is that just me?  I also used my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat over this just in case.



Edit (12/29/11): I'm currently loving Shine of the Times so this time I layered it over OPI's Chapel of Love. I figured I'd include a photo of it to show what Shine of the Times would like over different colors. Forgive the misshapen index nail. I had a chip occur so that nail is a work in progress.

Oh, for those of you wondering if this polish was difficult to remove then put your worries aside. Shine of the Times did take a little more time to remove, but no where near as painstaking as your usual chunky glitter nail polish. It was more like waiting for the nail polish remover to work on a thick layer of varnish. Considering I had put on 3 coats of color, 2 coats of Shine of the Times, and a layer of top coat I think that makes sense. I would like to mention that Shine of the Times is one of the more long wearing polishes I've ever had. I wore my blue polish look for about a week and a half and had no chips and barely any worn down polish at the tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment