Saturday, June 6, 2015

EcoTools: Correcting Concealer Brush

To be honest, I don't own any decent concealing brushes at all, I have a few flat ones, but for the purpose of blending, they were not the right brush for the job. I had also resorted to using my fluffy blending brush for shadows, but then I was down an eye brush.

So when I saw this one for $4.99 at Ulta, I figured I'd give it a try to see how it worked. The price was right and I like using synthetic brushes for concealer and foundation.


So life stress has been freaking out my skin these past few months and when I do wear make up, I do need to do some serious concealing. I may not need to conceal a lot of my face, but the areas I do need to conceal requires heavier coverage. My main areas are the chin, the temples areas, and nose. I conceal mostly hyper pigmentation but sometimes I do need to soften the blow of cystic acne.


This brush is designed with a round ferrule and the bristles form a dome shape that is tapered. The amount of bristles toward the tip of the brush are considerably less dense than the bottom. Let's also take a moment to give some attention to the art on the ferrule itself. I love turquoise type of shades and the leaves and hexagons are lovely details.

I have found that this brush works really well in blending out the product without taking away too much. The problem I had before with using my finger to pat concealer into place is that I'd end up lifting away too much product and you can still see the discoloration. This brush is wispy enough and small enough to deal with small areas and leave blemishes covered. I kid you not, my concealing game totally went up a few levels with the addition of this brush to my routine.

One of the key things to remember with this brush is that it is wispy for a reason. Lightly blending around the edges and over the focus area will give better results than being overly zealous in effort. Being heavy handed can absolutely blend away the product, and that's not what we want. Also, I have only used liquid concealer with this brush, although the packaging says you can use powder, I don't own any powder concealer so I wasn't able to test that out.

Overall, for the price, I think I made a great investment. I love this brush and now I want to check out the other brushes in this line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment