Saturday, June 30, 2012

China Glaze: Smoke and Ashes + butter LONDON: Tart with a Heart

I am currently obsessed with my new manicure even though it's not very summery at all.



I recently picked up China Glaze's Smoke and Ashes from the Hunger Games collection because it was on Sale for $4.99. If you happen to be in the Bay Area, the Ulta in San Bruno has lots of shades from the collection on sale! I don't usually wear very dark nail polish, but I liked the shimmer in it and I was reminded of Midtown Magic, which I love, so I couldn't help myself. I have to say that I was really impressed with the application though, since I only needed two coats for opaque and even coverage. A relief since I'm sure removing it will be quite a mess so less layers will hopefully minimize that.

I've also been totally obsessed with Butter LONDON's Tarte with a Heart and so this look was the result. I love how the glitter takes a slight edge off the overall darkness with the color. My right hand doesn't look like the photos in this post either since I alternated and have glitter on the index and pinky fingers instead. Clean up was a bit of a pain and I just couldn't get to some as shown by my index finger below.


I have to say photographing my nails was the hardest endeavor since the focus was never right. I suppose the glitter befuddles my camera and I get a strange photo with half the nails sharply taken while the others are rather blurred.



I really think it may be a while before I return to summery nail colors again I'm just so enamored with this look.

2 comments:

  1. I have that China Glaze but wasn't overly impressed, I thought it looked amazing in the bottle, less so on the nail. I love this combination though, they work really well together.

    ReplyDelete