Wednesday, July 11, 2012

L'oreal Colour Riche Caresse Lipstick: Sunset Angora

I've been hearing about these L'oreal Caresse lipsticks for a while now and I had my eye on just one shade in particular. I have to say, I went through quite a bit of trouble to get my hands on this one tube.


Sunset Angora is a nice wearable pinky coral with barely perceivable shimmer to it. I really appreciate the fact that there's hardly any scent except for a faint trace of fruitiness. This lipstick is fairly pigmented since I only need two swipes to get decent coverage and it does have a sheen, though I wish it lasted longer. I do like the slimness of the bullet since it makes application easy and precise. Plus, this goes on smooth like a balm and has that moisturized feel to it. After about an hour of wear though, I could feel that my lips were becoming drier so I suggest wearing a good moisturizing lip balm under this one to prevent that issue.


I personally like the packaging for the Caresse line lipsticks. The gold tube is highly reflective and shiny and the colored plastic part indicating the shade is a nice accent to the look. One downfall of the extra shiny packaging is the fact that it attracts fingerprints like nobody's business and it's not so easy to keep clean. But ignoring that, I think the packaging looks very pretty.


The Caresse line is sold for $10.49 at my local Walgreens. I believe that Target sells them for only $7.99 but this is where the trouble I mentioned at the beginning comes in. These lipsticks are sold with a small transparent tape with the barcode printed on it affixed on one side keeping the lid and bottom together. That piece of tape does a horrible job as a seal because it's perforated where the top and bottom come apart. So as a result, people easily open it to swatch and do who knows what to the lipstick. So many of these lipsticks were tampered with at Target I gave up trying to find a safe one and I had the same problem at different Walgreens and CVS stores. Luckily, when my local neighborhood Walgreens finally stocked them, I was able to get to the display soon enough before the tampering occurred and finally purchase one.

Since I only own one of these, I wonder if the others also as drying as this one. Let me know if you've tried other colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment