Friday, August 17, 2012

Orly: Sweet Peacock & Nite Owl

So, I'm rather late to the game with these two polishes. Although, I hadn't even realized they were part of the same collection when I purchased each of them. I was at Sally's Beauty when  I purchased Sweet Peacock and it was wearing a purple new tag around the neck of bottle even though the shade was released last fall. This would be the second time that I've seen this happen at Sally's with Orly nail polishes. I later then bought Nite Owl at Ulta because I loved China Glaze's Fast Track so much and Nite Owl was just different enough for me to justify buying it. I suppose if you missed out on the Birds of a Feather collection last year, then it's good news to know you can still find them in stores.


I'm going to start with most eye catching of the two I bought. Sweet Peacock is a bright cerulean blue foil. It almost glows on the nails, it's so shiny. I love how it looks on the nails and I only needed two coats to get full opacity while application was a breeze. Amusingly, my brother really likes this shade because it makes him think of a nice shiny paint job on a car, most preferably a sports car. I personally think the color looks like foil candy wrapper.


Next up is Nite Owl, a mushroom taupe base with silver shimmer. This one reminded me of China Glaze's Fast Track even though technically Nite Owl came first. Fast Track has a beige base, however, and has gold shimmer instead of silver. The effect is the same though and I think this is the only way I'll wear nearly nude neutrals. Regrettably, I find creme nudes to be utterly boring and can never bring myself to spend the money on them.


As for the formula for Nite Owl, it went on smoothly enough but I felt the drying time was a bit long especially compared to Sweet Peacock. But overall, I was totally smitten with the shade and decided it'll be another of my all year round type of shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment