Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

I've been hearing quite a bit about this mascara and how it it's brush is comparable to the Diorshow's brush. Although I do think this is a very good mascara for a drugstore brand, it does fall a bit short when being compared to Diorshow. On it's own though, this product is a great deal for the quality.


For nearly over a week, I've been using this mascara everyday. I can't say much on whether it made my lashes any stronger than they were before, but it does give my lashes instant length and fullness. The formula is drier, which is a total plus for me because I have the type of eyes where the mascara can smudge under my eyes if I blink while the mascara is still wet on the lashes. Doesn't happen all the time, but is very frustrating when it does. It's definitely not as dry as the Diorshow or my new Bad Gal mascara, but it's dry enough to satisfy me. There is minor clumping, nothing a spoolie can't fix, but there is some. Overall, I have to say this mascara pleased me so much that I would choose it over my Clinique mascaras.



Now, as for the brush, it is bigger and fuller than your average mascara brush. I don't believe that it's as dense as Diorshow but it is still enough to make your lash line look thicker. This brush also has a more tapered tip so when  you pull the wand out of the tube, you'll have a bit of excess product on the end which you can scrap off on the mouth of the tube. I find that any brush designed to have a smaller tip will encounter this same situation. But I do find that tip to be very useful in getting those lashes on the outer corner or inner corner.


If you're looking for a drier formula and a brush that grabs at the lashes without paying high end prices, I would definitely recommend Revlon's Grow Luscious mascara. This mascara is such a nice discovery for me and an even better perk about this mascara is that you have the possibility of buying it on sale. I was able to get this one at my local Walgreens during a 40% off Revlon cosmetics sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment