Monday, October 14, 2013

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri: Chop Chop Copper

I have this obsession with foil nail polish and just can't seem to say "no" to, especially when I encounter a color I don't actually own.



Chop Chop Copper is a copper shade that is more on the bronze side of the spectrum. Mixed in with the copper foil are paler pink particles that is easier to see with the naked eye than camera. So if you're looking for a copper penny type of shade, I wouldn't recommend this one. However, if you're looking for a warm-tone bronze, welcome! This polish really come alive in direct sunlight. The sparkle is amazing and very flattering.

Considering San Francisco is heading more towards our usual summer in fall weather, I think this color would look fantastic on my toes as I wear sandals.


What surprised me the most would have to be the formula. I didn't expect this polish apply so thinly. For my photos, I am wear four coats of the polish and the very tips of my nails still seem a bit sheer. If I had known how sheer this one was, I probably would have used a base color, like my ButterLONDON, The Old Bill, polish. The crux of it all was the actual drying time. I didn't actually mind the four coats of polish, but I was expecting a faster trying time considering this is the Insta-Dri line. But it drying time was about average and I found myself putting dings into the paint pretty often. That was the biggest disappointment of all.


Overall, I like the color a great deal. I would definitely suggest a base color to reduce the amount of layers you need of Chop Chop Copper because the drying time is not as fast as it should be considering the fact that it part of the Insta-Dri line. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is just beautiful! Your application is perfect too! This would be such a lovely Autumn shade,x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite lovely. But I highly suggest a base color first. Half of my bottle is now gone because after my application, my mom used it without a base color too and needed many coats.

      Delete