Saturday, July 13, 2013

Revlon Lash Potion

When I first saw the new display that included Lash Potion, I was very curious. I like Revlon's Grow Luscious mascara well enough so I thought it wouldn't be that much of a risk giving this one a try.


Let's start with the packaging. Around the net, many have fallen in love with the design and I have too. The jewel tones and the whimsical graphics on the tube is what caught my attention first. It is very charming visually and I'm just a tad surprised such a take hasn't been used more often.


Now, my Lash Potion is not of the waterproof variety. I really dislike the effort of removing waterproof mascara so I don't mind a bit of smudging. So when it came to buying Lash Potion, I of course skipped the waterproof version.

I'll be honest, I was hardly impressed by this mascara. Quite disappointed, in fact. The week I spent testing out Lash Potion was just full of frustration and discomfort. By the time I got around to writing this post, I had already given up on the mascara and didn't even bother applying it for additional photos.

Let's start with the brush and stopper in the tube. Just pulling the brush out, reveals so much excess product that needs to be taken care of before application can even start. I usually scrape the excess product on the tube's mouth but that didn't seem to help much at all. I still ended up with overloaded lashes that required the assistance of a clean spooly.


As for the formula for Lash Potion, it's somewhere between a wet and a dry mascara. It's definitely thick in consistency though and that did nothing to help keep the curl in my lashes. Additionally, once I started to work with the formula on my lashes, there was a ridiculous amount of flaking. Lash Potion dries fairly quickly so when I went in for a second coat of mascara, I had a bunch of little flakes under my eyes. Unfortunately, some of it actually ended up in my eyes and let's just say I was a wee bit irritated on many different levels. This happened every single time I tried using it and I really don't enjoy starting my day with itchy, watery, and aggravated eyes.

Lash Potion claims to lengthen and add volume to the lashes. I'd say I definitely saw more length and volume as the end result but the process to get my lashes to look that way was not worth it. And if the flaking at the beginning of application wasn't enough, this mascara continued to flaking as the day progressed. I was expecting Grow Luscious quality and Lash Potion fell far below that standard.

I picked up my Lash Potion mascara at Target for $4.99, although I have seen  it priced a few dollars more at other drugstores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment